Make your bass lines more creative, unique, and memorable.
Tap into the groove, and evolve your bass lines by using fills. Funk Bass Fills brings you beyond the basics and helps you incorporate figures into your lines that are natural to the groove. Apply these techniques to funk, soul, RnB, and hip-hop. The play-along recording lets you hear the fills in context and practice them with a rhythm section. You will learn to:
- Create bass fills that are appropriate to funk, soul, RnB, and hip-hop contexts
- Play fills using different positions and in different keys
- Use characteristic funk rhythms and rhythmic patterns
- Mine the most useful pitch sources for effective fill notes: major and minor pentatonic, blues, and Mixolydian
- Develop bass lines over common funk progressions such as II V, I VI II V, and blues