Add unique trumpet sounds to your palette of colors.
The trumpet is capable of a great range of sounds, from half-valve and growls effects to percussion sounds and mutes. This book shows you how to perform dozens different inventive effects, with etudes that put them into musical contexts. The accompanying online recordings provide demonstrations of each sound effect and play-along tracks for the etudes.
You will learn to:
- Perform essential advanced trumpet techniques such as circular breathing, and flutter-, double- and triple-tonguing
- Master different pitch manipulation effects, such as vibrato, rips, and bends
- Use percussive techniques, such as valve and slide clicks, mouthpiece pops, and bell bowing and percussion—without damaging your instrument!
- Produce growls, wind sounds,
- Use split tones and half-valving
- Modify your trumpet with electronics and mutes
- Build yourself a hose trumpet!