Winner: “ONE OF THE TOP 5 BEST EDUCATIONAL DRUMMING BOOKS OF THE YEAR”
—Modern Drummer Magazine Reader’s Poll
Expand your rock drumming skills beyond the standard beats!
This Berklee Workshop is an amazing resource for training drummers to incorporate different styles from various genres into the familiar territory of rock and funk. By making small adjustments to familiar drumbeats, rock/funk players can begin playing other kinds of music.
The exercises in this workshop will teach you how to incorporate mambo, swing, Latin, jazz, bossa nova, and other styles into your rock and funk beats. The ultimate goal is to expand your range and add new influences to your repertoire.
Discover how to:
- Recognize the similarities between a wide variety of styles and incorporate those styles into your playing
- Morph rock and funk beats to other styles: swing, Brazilian, Afro-Cuban, and more
- “Groove” in all contemporary style
- Be prepared to play in any style on any gig
Additional features include:
- Technical and stylistic information about each new rhythm
- New styles to practice
- Accompanying CD demonstrating how to morph from one style to another
- Play-along tracks allowing you to try out new techniques with a Berklee band!