Learn twelve contemporary jazz guitar solos from six of the greatest artists.
Each solo includes a technical introduction with analytical insights and references to its classic recording. The transcribed solos include:
- Kurt Rosenwinkel, “How Deep Is the Ocean” and “Dewey Square”
- Pat Martino, “Impressions” and “Oleo”
- Bireli Lagrene, “Days of Wine and Roses” and “Donna Lee”
- John Scofield, “All The Things You Are” and “If I Were a Bell”
- Jim Hall, “Billie’s Bounce” and “St. Thomas”
- Mike Stern, “Moments Notice” and ”There Is No Greater Love”
Michael Kaplan is a guitarist, transcriber, and educator. He is the director of the American Guitar Academy in Tokyo.