Start playing jazz guitar!
This book will help you understand and master the essential concepts and techniques of jazz, whatever style you may already know. You’ll learn jazz theory and harmony through learning and practicing scales, diatonic seventh chords, and harmonic tensions. You will also learn to use chord and tension substitutions in order to give a jazz feel to any existing song. Accompanying recordings demonstrate ideas and let you practice by playing along with the author.
You’ll learn to:
- Play jazz chords and scales, and understand how they relate to each other
- Improvise over jazz chord progressions and song forms
- Navigate II V’s, rhythm changes, and other typical jazz progressions and forms
- Master jazz grooves and develop your sense of timing/swing
- Accompany other musicians, and contribute to a jazz rhythm section
- Gain a deeper understanding of the fingerboard, learning many useful fingerings for scales and movable chord forms, all around the neck
- Practice efficiently for maximum improvement of your technique and musicality