Master the rich and varied world of jazz guitar.
These 47 lessons and etudes present a comprehensive course of study to facilitate rapid progress with harmonic sensibility, fingerboard scholarship, essential repertoire, and stylistic nuance. These gorgeous, performance-quality etudes are rooted in the timeless jazz swing tradition, for solo, duet, and soloing over ensemble. The accompanying recording demonstrates performances of the etudes. Traditional notation and tablature are included.
You will learn to:
- Develop finger strength, facility, and picking patterns
- Expand your range via fretboard navigation techniques by practicing logical position shifts and transpositions
- Choose harmonies and modes
- Gain command of chord changes that are emblematic of jazz swing
- Craft introductions for common jazz standard tune progressions
- Derive your own approach to playing from examples in the styles of George Van Eps, Charlie Christian, Django Reinhardt, Bucky Pizzarelli, Oscar Moore, Mundell Lowe, Lenny Breau, Joe Pass, and George Barnes.