A Must for Every Serious Jazz Guitarist!
Just knowing how to play a chord is never enough to make good music. Voice leading, moving individual chord voices smoothly from one chord to the next, is an essential skill for jazz guitarists. This book shows you how to voice lead both chord tones and tensions, and will help you add a new level of sophistication to your music.
- Internalize voice leading techniques and effortlessly play the music you hear in your head
- Develop facility on the entire guitar neck with more than 400 II – V – I exercises, in all twelve keys
- Master voice leading technique by playing along with the jazz tunes, blues, and rhythm changes on the accompanying CD
- Learn comping rhythms that work in blues, bebop, ballads, Latin, and other styles
- Spice up your guitar playing by using more advanced chord sequences that include # IV – 7(b5), interpolative II – 7, diatonic turnarounds, and chromatic and dominant approach chords
This book is designed for intermediate to advanced guitar players.