Learn to play the blues in several styles—jazz, Latin, fusion, rock, and funk—in all keys with step-by-step instructions, practice tips, and a play-along CD. Even if you are a complete beginner, this easy-to-understand instructional guide will get you improvising in no time!
- Create killer solos using the hundreds of great licks included
- Get the sound of the blues under your fingers and into your ears, so you can keep your playing fresh, spontaneous, and original
- Improve your sound, phrasing, and rhythm through technical studies and rhythmic exercises
- Increase your confidence as an improviser using the practice routines in every section
- Jam in a variety of styles with the rhythm section on the play-along CD
Develop essential skills in reading, technique, listening, rhythmic syncopation, performance, and solo composition. Learn to improvise over 12-bar blues in all keys and bring your musical ideas to life!