The secret to creating funky sizzles and classic Hammond sounds is mastering the combined use of the drawbars, expression pedal, and the Leslie speaker speed switch. Sound complicated and intimidating? It doesn’t have to be!
This hands-on guide takes you step-by-step through the techniques of playing the drawbar organ, one skill at a time. Whether you’re comping a rock tune or playing lead in a jazz trio, command of the Hammond organ will make you a sought-after player. Groove with this fun and comprehensive Hammond method!
- Play gospel, r&b, jazz, blues, funk, and rock with an authentic Hammond feel
- Improve your playing skills with hands-on exercises. The accompanying CD includes 21 exercises, plus performance demonstrations of eight songs, with minus-organ versions so you can play along
- Achieve special effects used by the great Hammond organists, including unique tips and tricks for all drawbar instruments
- Learn authentic rock, jazz, blues, and funk comping techniques
- Understand all the parts of the organ and how to use them, including percussion, expression pedal, vibrato, chorus, and the Leslie speaker