Learn to engage, excite, captivate, and expand your audience!
These practical techniques will help you to communicate with your listeners on a deeper, more interactive level. As you do, the concert experience will become more meaningful, and the bond between you and your audience will grow.
Whether you are performing music for an audience, teaching a group of students, leading an ensemble, or just speaking publicly, your success as a performing musician directly depends on your ability to connect. Featuring real-life examples and actual concert transcripts from several different genres and performance settings, this text gives you the tools you need to deepen your impact, build an enduring relationship with your fans, and sustain a long-term musical career.
You will learn to:
- Design concerts that capture and maintain your audience’s attention
- Develop an engaging stage presence
- Create meaningful activities for your audience that increase their enjoyment and understanding of your material
- Communicate as an ambassador across cultures and languages
- Become more engaging, interactive, educational, and memorable
David Wallace is an active performer, concert organizer, and educator. Currently chair of Berklee College of Music’s String Department, Wallace previously enjoyed a fourteen-year tenure as a Juilliard professor, and seventeen years as a New York Philharmonic Teaching Artist.