Learn to write songs!
This book presents the basic concepts of popular songwriting, such as music theory, song construction, creativity techniques, melodic and harmonic development, how to write memorable lyrics, and other core topics. Hands-on exercises make it practical, and the accompanying online recording illustrates the concepts—even for those who don’t read music.
You will learn to:
- Find inspiration for your songs, and develop work strategies to harness your creativity into songs
- Understand the essential music theory, and use it to make your songs more expressive
- Write melodies, lyrics, chord progressions, and grooves
- Create verses, choruses, and bridges, and arrange them to tell your song’s story effectively
- Use techniques and structures favored by current popular hit-song writers
- Perform your songs, with expression, and coordinated with performing your instrument