Record songs in your own home studio!
Today’s smart singer-songwriter needs to be able to record high quality demo recordings. Whatever your budget, living arrangement, or technological aptitude, this book will help you acquire songwriter-appropriate home studio gear and use it effectively. You will understand the key concepts about how the recording process works, and how to get the best sound possible out of whatever equipment you own and whatever style of music you produce. This book makes recording easy—so you can spend your efforts thinking about creative songwriting and performing, rather than struggling with technology.
You will learn to:
- Turn your living space into a high quality recording studio, ready to make professional-sounding demos of your songs
- Buy appropriate gear for a small studio setup, so that you don’t waste money on unnecessary or inappropriate equipment
- Minimize the time you spend struggling with technology, so that you can focus on your creative songwriting work
- Choose the right microphone(s) for your voice, guitar, piano, or other instruments, and make them sound their best by using effective mic technique
- Understand how to navigate your digital audio workstation
- Record, mix, and master your own tracks, preparing them for digital download or other distribution
- Use loops creatively to quickly and efficiently generate background tracks
- Include MIDI instruments in your productions, making them sound as natural and realistic as possible
- Work with other musicians who have home studios to create virtual recordings