Capture the authentic sounds of contemporary jazz.
This step-by-step guide will help you produce professional-sounding jazz recordings. Follow the process as a professional self-producing artist tracks and mixes three jazz tunes. Learn the effects, settings, and techniques used by the industry’s top jazz producers and engineers. The DVD-R includes the audio tracks from the author’s critically acclaimed recording Passing Place, for you to practice these techniques on any audio editing platform. Get the jazz spin on producing and mixing practices.
You will learn:
- Essential tools and techniques for producing and mixing jazz
- Microphone setups and special tracking techniques
- Sound processing recommendations and usage tips
- How to reproduce the sounds of your favorite jazz recordings
The DVD-ROM includes:
- Multitrack audio files of three full songs for mixing practice
- Full scores and parts for each song
- Jazz drum grooves you can use in your own projects
- A guide to microphone technique
- Other resources