Live hip-hop, r&b, and funk breaks & grooves; vocals & skratch substance.
This record represents a major effort to provide fresh grooves and tools for DJs. A super session was convened with keyboardist Ivan Neville (Neville Brothers, Rolling Stones), Modern Drummer r&b Drummer of the Year Tony Braunagel (Bonnie Raitt, Taj Mahal), and legendary bassist James “Hutch” Hutchinson (Bonnie Raitt).
The directed jams that ensued were captured live onto multi-track. Then, like a slab of fine marble, sculpted with every tool available. Created especially for the DJ, this record features old-school r&b grooves with lots of space for skratching or mixing, memorable “juggle friendly” hooks, solid bass lines, killer drum breaks, and a ton of great new skratch resources.
- Juice Jam (91 bpm)
- Blow-Up Beats (80 bpm)
- Funky Bari Break (110.4 bpm)
- Savage Skratch Substance (outrageous spoken word, beats & sound fx)
- Synth Pad Tone
- Slappin’ My Bass Around (109.5 bpm)
- Hip-Hop Drum Morph (90 bpm)
- Big Bluesy Break (116 bpm)
- Savory Skratch & Stab (horns, prepared piano, sound design & spoken word)
- Tremolo Strings Loop