Step-by-step introduction to the basics of ear training.
The ear training curriculum of Berklee College of Music is known and respected throughout the world, and now, for the first time, this unique method has been captured in one comprehensive book.
Every musician knows that ear training is the cornerstone of competent musicianship. This method teaches musicians to hear the music they are seeing, notate the music they have composed or arranged, develop their musical vocabulary, and understand the music they are hearing.
Ear training is crucial for developing an intuitive, natural ear, and provides the creative imagination with a musical lexicon. The lessons and workshops in this method make it easy to study on your own.
- Complete course with text and musical examples
- Rhythmic Studies that free the student from solfège and key signatures
- Sight Recognition Studies focusing on solfège, removing the element of rhythm
- Sol-fa Studies that focus on solfège without the added difficulty of note reading
- Melodic Studies containing examples similar to those found in a musician’s daily work
Essential Ear Training is the result of years of performing, writing, and teaching music, providing a solid foundation for anyone interested in developing their ear naturally.