Learn techniques for powerful singing—without injuring your voice.
Belting is a powerful and vibrant popular singing style, but it can be hard on the voice, even career-ending. But belting does not have to be harmful! If you are interested in learning how to belt healthfully, effectively and musically—this book is for you. Author Jeannie Gagné has carefully researched, taught, and refined this approach over two decades of teaching at Berklee College of Music, and in her private studio. This book includes exercises with audio accompaniment, studies of vocal anatomy, teaching you how to understand your unique voice, and video tutorials that show you how to belt healthfully with great creative expression.
You will learn to:
- Sing in a powerful, vibrant belt voice in various styles of music
- Belt strong, higher notes healthfully and effectively
- Know when it is better not to belt
- Identify the truths about how belting works, and the false myths about belting
- Understand your vocal anatomy
- Navigate through your different vocal registers
- Improve your intonation and sound quality
- Develop singing techniques that will last for years to come