Expand the creative breadth of your soloing.
Since its original publication in 1974, this book has been a treasured improvisation resource for players worldwide. These step-by-step exercises and explanations will help you develop your ear and improve your soloing technique. You will learn the intimate relationships between modes and chords, practicing licks and solos that grow out of their underlying harmonies and sound natural for the tune.
You will learn:
- How to use the distinctive qualities associated with modes and scales for more expressive soloing
- Relationships between scales and chords
- Licks typical of each mode and scale
- Solos built on the different modes and scales
- How to improvise over common jazz progressions