A complete guide to playing and maintaining a saxophone.
This handbook provides essential information on tone, technique, articulation, breathing, and more. Exercises are included that will help you develop mastery of all facets pertaining to saxophone performance. Extensive directions on repairs, from simple to complex, will help you maintain your instrument and customize it to your own performance style and preferences.
You will learn to:
- Recork keys and the neck, fix binding rods and keys, check for leaks, replace pads, adjust needle springs and key heights, and many others
- Understand the importance of mouthpieces and reeds and how to maintain them
- Improve your tone, intonation and flexibility in relation to throat shapes, vibrato and embouchure
- Play with proper technique, including posture, fingerings, breath control, and more
- Learn repertoire effectively and develop productive practice habits