Essential reading for every bass player!
The Bass Player’s Handbook provides bassists a complete guide to understanding the origin and workings of their instruments. Greg Mooter outlines fundamental concepts of proper fingering, tone production, and good practice habits. You will learn how to care for your bass properly and maintain good physical health as a musician.
Packed with essential techniques, including how to:
- Customize your instrument for your own body, style, and sound
- Understand fingerboard theory for 4-, 5-, and 6-stringed instruments, including standard and advanced techniques for both hands
- Perform repairs, fix cracks, adjust the soundpost, and change strings
- Adjust the action and intonation
- Use different systems to tune your bass
- Make seasonal adjustments to keep your bass in top form
- Warm up with proper exercises for a lifetime of healthy playing