Learn the three ways that the drum set plays in world music settings: a standard kit as part of a percussion section, a standard kit alone, and an expanded drum set that includes world instruments, such as tambora. This systematic approach includes demonstrations and practice grooves for merengue and other Dominican rhythms, which you will learn to bring into funk, jazz, and other styles. Exploring these possibilities and learning these techniques will help you to develop your personal voice as a drummer.
- Play drum set in a percussion ensemble
- Incorporate world rhythms and sounds into a standard drum kit
- Expand your drum set to include other instruments
- Create drum parts that are appropriate to the style and ensemble
- Improve your independence
- Play odd meters
Running time: 41 minutes