Increase your command of the guitar.
Joe Stump—one of the world’s fastest guitarists—reveals licks, techniques, and exercises to build your guitar technique. Learn licks and techniques common in rock/metal styles, and commit them to finger memory. The accompanying recording has drum tracks for exercise practice, and backing tracks for Joe’s technical etudes/solo transcriptions, which are notated in both tablature and traditional notation.
You’ll learn to:
- Play in the style of Yngwie Malmsteen, Uli Jon Roth, Richie Blackmore, Al Di Meola, Niccolò Paganini, and other masters of high velocity
- Increase your speed and efficiency through fingerings and picking patterns, making use of speed scales, multiple picking, tremolos, open strings, and more
- Master your fretboard flexibility by practicing string crossing and skipping exercises
- Use scales and modes friendly to neoclassical and Euro-metal styles, such as Aeolian, Phrygian dominant, harmonic minor, and others
- Strengthen your chops, though technical exercises and etudes
- Develop solos using scale patterns and melodic sequences that are emblematic of metal styles