Build Your Hammond Chops!
The secret to creating
funky sizzles and classic Hammond sounds is mastering the combined use of the
drawbars, expression pedal, and the Leslie speaker speed switch. Sound
complicated and intimidating? It doesn’t have to be!
This hands-on guide
takes you step-by-step through the techniques of playing the drawbar organ, one
skill at a time. Whether you’re comping a rock tune or playing lead in a jazz
trio, command of the Hammond organ will make you a sought-after player. Groove
with this fun and comprehensive Hammond method!
- Play gospel, R&B, jazz, blues, funk, and rock with an authentic Hammond feel
- Improve your playing skills with hands-on exercises. The accompanying recordings include 21 exercises, plus performance demonstrations of eight songs, with minus-organ versions so you can play along
- Achieve special effects used by the great Hammond organists, including unique tips and tricks for all drawbar instruments
- Learn authentic rock, jazz, blues, and funk comping techniques
- Understand all the parts of the organ and how to use them, including percussion, expression pedal, vibrato, chorus, and the Leslie speaker
The second edition features expanded offerings for gospel/ jazz/funk styles, foot pedal bass drills and techniques, three-part arrangements, and much more.
Audio is accessed online using the unique code inside the book and can be streamed or downloaded. The audio files include PLAYBACK+, a multi-functional audio player that allows you to slow down audio without changing pitch, set loop points, change keys, and pan left or right.