Learn what it takes to be a great mix engineer.
Mix Masters is a collection of 27 interviews with platinum engineers by Mix magazine writer Maureen Droney. Discover how mix engineers, using the same arsenal of tools, can create such unique works from artist to artist, even track to track.
You’ll find practical and informative behind-the-scenes, behind-the-glass insight into the art of mixing by the industry’s most in-demand engineers across all genres—pop, rock, country, classical, and film.
Platinum engineers answer the questions you’d ask them yourself if you had the chance. Use their experience to your advantage. Inside you’ll learn:
- How to set up a mix that has power and impact
- Tips for microphone placement for piano, drums and guitar
- How to record and mix multiple vocal tracks
- Tips and tricks on using all types of effects processors
- The best mics to use for any instrument or setting
- EQ techniques
Mix Masters features the best in the business, who have mixed for such top artists as: The Beatles, Clint Black, Brooks & Dunn, Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, Sheryl Crow, Al DiMeola, Dire Straits, Vince Gill, Herbie Hancock, Elton John, Quincy Jones, Henry Mancini, Bobby McFerrin, Rolling Stones, Carlos Santana, Wayne Shorter, Sting, George Strait, U2, and many more.