Make money writing music!
Writers of commercial music are more in demand than ever before. The rules have changed in the past decade, and the contemporary writer needs a multifaceted skillset in order to succeed in business.
This book will help you master the three roles of the new job: writer, producer, and engineer. You will learn to set up a profitable business model for creating commercial music, providing your clients with music that fits their needs and budget, at today’s quality standards. Whether your interest is in producing music for jingles, film scores, videogames, corporate presentations, or other commercial areas, this book will reveal how to set up shop, find work, and create music at today’s demanding professional standards.
You will learn to:
- Win more, better-paying writing gigs
- Develop a profitable business strategy for creating commercial music
- Take advantage of industry trends and new technologies
- Fulfill the professional standards for demos, promo kits, and final recordings
- Navigate recording studio technology, terminology, and techniques—in your home studio and at high-end professional studios
- Learn technical tips for using microphones, MIDI, sound libraries, and other tools of contemporary writing