Learn essential concepts and practices for providing music therapy. The New Music Therapist’s Handbook has been an essential guide for music therapists worldwide since the 1990s. You will learn state of the art, data-driven approaches to providing care in a wide variety of therapeutic contexts. These practices are based on the most up-to-date science and experiences of thousands of patients and clients. Through detailed discussions of research and practice, case studies, strategies, and clinical approaches, you will learn how music therapy is a uniquely effective approach.
In this third edition, Dr. Hanser’s essential handbook has been updated and expanded to reflect the latest developments in healthcare and education. It includes valuable information for both students and professionals, particularly in meeting the competencies of the Board Certification for Music Therapy and standards of practice for the American Music Therapy Association.
- Comprehensive data-based approaches to music therapy treatment planning, implementation, evaluation, and termination
- The latest assessments and clinical/research methodologies
- Evidence-based protocols and practices
- Case studies, examples of clinical applications and research, and anecdotes
- Recent perspectives in neurodiversity, cultural humility, and mechanisms underlying the impact of music therapy
- Tools for self-care
- A contemplative music therapist’s journal