Add unique flute sounds to your palette of colors.
The flute is capable of a great range of sounds: buzzing and whistling, clicking and growling, and much more! This book shows you how to do dozens of different inventive effects, with etudes that put them in a musical context. The accompanying online recordings provide play-along tracks for the etudes and examples of each sound effect in isolation.
You will learn to:
- Perform essential advanced flute techniques such as circular breathing, fourth-octave playing, and beatboxing
- Use percussive techniques, such as tongue/lip pizzicato, clicks, and finger slaps
- Explore sounds unique to isolating the mouthpiece
- Master alternate fingerings and different types of vibrato
- Create hybrid instruments such as the “flunette,” “flax,” and “flumpet”
- Play pitch bends, harmonics, as well as wind and jet-whistle sounds
- Sing and whistle while playing
- Create electronic sounds and produce low B’s
And to perform many more effects!